Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Blessing of Fathers

     Today is the Solemnity of Saint Joseph. Reading about  the role Joseph played in our redemption today has caused me to meditate on the importance of fathers and their roles in our lives. Through my spiritual formation, I have learned that the father is the spiritual leader of the family. At first, this teaching was hard for me, but through grace, I have come to not only accept this teaching but to be comforted by it.
    My own father is a strong Christian man who has always been a teacher to me in so many ways. His life is an example of overcoming adversity, of being righteous regardless of life circumstances, of loving family above all, and of being true to one's self regardless of what is popular. He is a quiet, gentle leader that is loved by everyone who knows him. My husband, the father of my boys, has transformed my life. His leadership in our family has been the strength that has gotten us through. He is the reason we are so strong in our faith and attend mass every Sunday. He has been the best father for our boys both of whom say that they hope to be the father that he has been. Both of these Christian fathers have made me always feel loved, respected, and secure. My Heavenly Father has blessed me indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment